Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 6 - Disney DREAM Cruise



Can you feel it?? The excitement?? What a great feeling. I wish I had that feeling everyday no matter where it was I was going. Waking up to another beautiful day, we rushed to the window to get the first glimps of the Dream. There she was, just as beautiful as I thought she would be! I still had not told the kids we would be sailing on Disney's new ship the Dream. We had been on the Wonder, and they remember it somewhat. I was pleased, though, that I had kept this secret. Dominic had seen commercials for the Dream and thought he heard that it was only sailing twice this year. He told me that someday he wanted cruise on that ship, "you must have to have a lot of money to go on that one, it only sails twice." Knowing that we were going on this ship, and the boys were in for a surpise, made it that much more fun for me. We made our way down to breakfast, the room was PACKED! Not sure where all these people came from, but I did know where they were going! Even for the amount of people there, the rushing, and squeezing, the elbowing for food, everyone was in the same mood. Happy! The Disney Cruise Line will do that for you. After breakfast we rode the elevator up and had to stop in the hallway window to get another look at her. And so did the family that came up a few minutes later. The kids rushing to the window to see if it was even there, the smiles, laughing, it really does bring happiness. Luckly, we were able to get on the earlier shuttle, since we were ready early. The shuttle driver was great, he gave his funny talk that I am sure he gives to all cruisers, and before I knew it he was talking about The Aqua Duck. Besides being 40% bigger than the other Disney Cruse ship, it also has a water roller coaster, The Aqua Duck. Our driver was telling the children on the bus that if you fall off the mat while on the AD, then they shut the whole ride down, take a walk through it, and then if found nothing wrong, start it back up. So stay on the mat. The look on Dominic's face was pretty priceless, he looked confused, turned to me and asked "What's The Aqua Duck?" I don't remember what I said in reply, but I tried to be casual about it. Then I just couldn't hold it in any longer, I told them we were cruising on the new ship, the one he thought you had to be really rich to sail on. They both still looked a little confused as we got closer, once we were at the port, it suddenly sank in. We were going on the Dream!!! After being dropped off, we waited in line to enter the terminal. Once we got inside, we went straight to the Castaway Club Line, got our Key to the World cards and waited. Minnie came out to greet people, the boys played on the Ipods, and I took pictures. Finally they started calling boarding numbers and then our turn to board! Family picture taken, check. High fives to Goofy, check. Ready for a great time? check! As we made our way on board, they always announce the family entering, and ours was "Please welcome the Dumond Family!" Let the cruising fun begin!! First thing you do when you board it find someplace to eat. The Cast Members steered us toward the Enchanted Garden. On our way there, Dominic took my arm, with a skip in his step, said "I am so excited". Those four words made it worth every penny I spent on this trip. And I knew exactly how he felt. (Although hearing Donovin laugh on the rides in Orlando, made it all worth it too, he has such a great laugh!). After lunch we headed up to the top deck and Dominic took his first ride on the AD. Donovin got his ice cream, he said that would be one of the first things he would do, and he did. And we explored the ship. Time had come for us to get into our rooms, we had two cabins with connecting doors. It was a bonus for us, the extra room and bathroom was great! Our rooms also had verandas!! I didn't know how hubby would do with them, but we both were able to enjoy them. I unpacked, hung out our FE, changed then headed up for the sail away party. Our FE was only out minutes, and we had received something!! Bubbles and such for the sail away party! I love the party, I think it is a fun time. The boys didn't seem to care either way, but I like to watch all the people dancing and having fun. Once we were on our way, it was time to get ready for dinner. The Enchanted Garden was first nights dinner. Zolt from Hungary and Joel from Honduras, were our waiter/server. After dinner, Dominic and Dad rode the AD again. I was trying to find ways to stay awake because Donovin was determined to watch the very first, midnight showing of Pirates of the Carribean, On Stranger Tides 3D, at 11pm. We stayed awake, much to my surprise, and found four of the last 8 seats available, to watch the movie. I found the movie just as enjoyable as the other ones, but such more fun being on a Disney ship watching it!! Ahhhh, finally after a loooong day, bed time at 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment