Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 4 Universal Studios Island of Adventure



We packed up our belongings and checked out of the Nick. Back at Universal, we parked at King Kong section, Donovin was sure this was a good sign! Again, we got the map and decided to just follow it around the park. We started off at Poseidon's Fury show. It was ok, a lot of standing. You stood in line, you stood the entire show, I was worried our feet would hurt before we even started in on the park. Next stop was Harry Potter, but it was SO crowded! I made the decision to just skip the area and go back at the end. I was scared that I made the wrong decision, but my thought was there were a lot of school groups there, they had to leave sometime, right. And that sometime, I was guessing would be before us, so I took the chance. Would I regret it? Jurrasic Park was next, and I admit, I got scared! (But so did Dominic). We did Dudly Do Rights Rip Saw Falls, it was a really long line, but well worth it, as it was hot out. Popey's Bilge Rat Barges was next, since we were wet anyway. We all got wet, but there were a few girls from a school group on our raft and they were soaked! Lunch time we found ourselves at the Comic Strip Cafe. Typical park food, not bad, not great. But hit the spot. The Amazing Spiderman 3D ride was next, this turned out to be hubby's favorite. So now we are down to whether I made the right decision or not. Harry Potter time. My decision paid off, it wasn't as croweded, it still had a lot of people in the area, but not like that morning. I just want to say here, that I absolutely LOVED the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It felt like we were really there. Amazing. I give so much credit to the artist who made the movie come to life. First we rode the Dragon Challenge, then Dominic and I rode the Flight of the Hippogriff. Finally, Harry Potter and the Fobidden Journey. Hands down, all time favorite ride of any theme park I have ever been to. Just going through the line was amazing in itself. The pictures came to life, just like the movie. Dumbledors office and the turning staircase were exact. Again, it was just like being at Hogwarts. The ride was unbelieveable. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, whether it was a 3D ride, or roller coaster, I just never knew or thought to find out. Which made it all that much more fun. We had to put our bags in lockers, but they told us the ride didn't go upside down. At times it felt like it would. It was a 3D/Roller Coaster/4D ride all in one! If that makes any sense. It was a little scary too!! Especially when the dementors came out. If we had had time, I would have ridden it again, at least once more, but we had to go. What a perfect ride to end the day with, and our vacation in Orlando.



We hopped in the car and started our way to Cape Canaveral. The drive was about an hour, a very easy ride. We saw some neat birds, a field of cows , more birds and a couple of wild pigs. Check-in at the Country Inn and Suites was a breeze and they had my FE items that I mailed ahead of time. We hung out in the room for a bit, of course Donovin got some popcorn and we turned in for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment